Sport Premium Funding
At Cholsey, the staff and governors ensure that all children have access to high quality PE lessons and engaging physical activity opportunities, which will promote a life long love of sport through enjoyment. During lessons, children will be given the opportunity to learn and develop the physical and tactical skills needed for lifelong participation in sport. Staff embed our five sporting values: Respect, Sportsmanship, Enjoyment, Teamwork and Inclusion in all PE lessons and highlight the importance of adhering to these values during extra-curricular sports activities and in the classroom. We also aim to equip our children with the knowledge and understanding of the importance of healthy living.
The Sport Premium Funding
At the start of the academic year 2013/14 we welcomed the Government’s announcement to provide ring-fenced funding to primary schools. This sport premium funding must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to give them the opportunity to develop a healthy active lifestyle. During the previous four academic years, Cholsey received £8,000 plus £5 for every child in Years 1-6. This funding has now been doubled and we now receive £18,500.00.
To ensure maximum impact on both our children and staff, we use the five key indicators suggested by the Government and Youth Sport Trust to guide our expenditure. These key indicators are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
You can view a presentation with details about how we spend our Sport Premium funding to meet these requirements here.
Evidencing the Impact of the Sport Premium Funding
We are currently using the Create Development Wheel to track the impact of our Sports Premium Expenditure and to inform the following years targets and Sport Premium expenditure. You can view our Evidencing the Impact documents below: