Welcome to Cholsey School
Our mission is
"to prepare children for the future through academic excellence and individual care."
Here at Cholsey School, we pride ourselves on providing a friendly and vibrant learning environment for happy and enthusiastic children and staff.
This website offers an insight into our caring and busy school, as well as providing valuable information for our school community. We hope you enjoy browsing.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half term holiday23Oct2017
- Term 2 starts for pupils30Oct2017
- Y5/6 Trip to Oxford Castle30Oct2017
- Individual and Family photos31Oct2017
- Parent E-Safety Workshop02Nov2017
3:40 pm - 4:40 pm
- Parent E-Safety Workshop #202Nov2017
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Parent E-Safety information session
- Inset Day06Nov2017
No school for pupils
- Bag To School Collection07Nov2017
8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Parent Teacher Meetings13Nov2017
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Parent Teacher Meetings14Nov2017
3:30 pm - 8:00 pm
'Your school is a beacon of learning within the community. You have championed
the transformative power of education with pupils and parents alike.'
'Parents highly value the distinctive education you provide. Additional comments
made by parents using the free-text facility in Parent View were overwhelmingly
positive. Statements such as, ‘the school delivers on its mission statement to enable
each child to reach its potential through academic excellence and individual care’
were not untypical. The overwhelming praise parents have for you and your staff is
a testament to the way that you intellectually, artistically, culturally and emotionally
nurture the children in your care.'
We are very proud of all our music making at Cholsey School.
Please click the play button in the box above to hear a clip from our swing band playing in assembly recently.
Please note that parents may request paper copies of any of the content on this website from the school office. Just pop in and speak to Cheryl or Louise.
School Lunch Menus:
From 13th March: Spring 2017 menus are all on one document.
Please note that on Thursday of Week 2 the pasta bake is now ham rather than tuna. The vegetarian option remains the same. This is in response to the children's preferences.
The school became an academy and joined other primary schools in the area as part of the OPEN umbrella trust on November 1st 2013. The other schools in the group are:
How to apply for a place at Cholsey
If you would like to find out more about our school, you are very welcome to visit. Please contact Alison Nathanielsz or Cheryl Bryers in the school office on 01491 651862 or email email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.If you would like to apply for a place for your child at Cholsey School you will need to contact Oxfordshire County Council:http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/public-site/starting-school
Children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 (inclusive) will be starting Reception from September 2018. The deadline for receipt of primary and infant school applications is 15 January 2018.
You may use the application forms for reception (pdf format, 98Kb).
However, we advise you to apply online as this is the most efficient and secure method of applying.
Make sure you understand the admissions process before applying by reading OCC's Starting School
- 25 October 2017 - parents can start to apply
- 15 January 2018 - closing date for on-time applications
- 16 April 2018 – allocation day: letters sent (by second class post) and emails sent detailing the offer of a school place
- 3 May 2018 - deadline for submitting response form, continued interest forms, late applications and changes of preference
- 12 June 2018 – second allocation round: letters sent after first run of continued interest list and late applications
- September 2018 – start of the school year